|Department of Chinese as a Second Language||Degree||Bachelor|
|Enrollment Semesters||2020 Fall|
- Program of Chinese Language and Culture for International Students
|Language of Instruction||Program taught in Chinese|
- Document Review
- Weighted Score:
Document Review: 100%
- Applicants must be international students whose native languages are not Chinese. We recruit 50 new students each year.
- Chinese Language Proficiency (Provide one of the following Chinese certificates):
Proof of Chinese proficiency such as the official results of TOCFL, HSK, or transcripts of language institutes (if not applicable, please list your Chinese learning experience.)
English Language Proficiency: Not Required
- Signed application form
※Please print out, sign the application forms, scan and upload it to the system.
- Two-inch passport photo
- Receipt or proof of application fee or a U.S. dollar wire transfer
- Passport/Identification and R.O.C. Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) for those holding one
※If the applicant is of foreign nationality as specified in Article 2 under the MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan and possesses (or has possessed) nationality status from the Republic of China (R.O.C.), additional proof is required, such as entry and departure records for the past 6 years, a declaration form stating that they do not hold a R.O.C. household registration, Certificate of Nationality Renouncement of Republic of China or other proof of documents.
- An official financial statement
※a minimum of NTD 100,000 (or USD 3,000) is required. Please select one of the following ways of submission:
(1)An official financial statement issued within the past three months from a financial institution.
(2)If the financial statement provided is not under the name of the applicant, please submit (a) the sponsor’s financial statement (b) a financial guarantee from the sponsor
(3)The proof showing the applicant have been awarded full scholarship.
- Diploma of the highest academic degree
- One translated copy of the applicant’s highest diploma in English or Chinese
- One translated copy of the applicant’s complete transcripts (for ALL years of study) in English or Chinese
※Eligible applicants who graduate at the same year as the admission to National Taiwan Normal University must submit transcripts for each academic semester and the ‘Deposition of Admission Documents for National Taiwan Normal University International Applicants’, and are not required to submit the diploma during application. The diploma and transcripts for each academic semester must be submitted upon registration (Diplomas or degree certificates from China are required to have the documents notarized by relevant authorities.); otherwise, the applicants admitted to NTNU will have their admission revoked.
※Applicants applying with diplomas or degree certificates from China are required to have the documents notarized by relevant authorities. If authentication cannot be completed by the application deadline, please submit degree certificate, complete transcript and a signed Deposition of Admission Documents.
※Admitted students must submit the original ones for review to the Office of International Affairs on the day of enrollment.
※NTNU holds the right to request applicants to have their degree certificate or diploma authenticated by the ROC diplomatic missions should NTNU find any problem in the applicants’ documents.
- Language proficiency certificate: Please refer to the "Language proficiency".
- Two recommendation letter(s)
- An autobiography, with a brief description of your plan for the future (this can be submitted in Chinese or in English, though it is recommended to submit a personally handwritten copy of your autobiography in Chinese)
- A one-minute audio recording that introduces yourself in Chinese. Please email the audio file to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the application number on the application form as the subject of the email and the file name.
|Notes||1. Admitted students will be divided into three classes, A, B, and C according to their placement test results. Students in Class B are required to take "Contemporary Chinese," and students in Class C are required to take "Elementary Chinese for International Students" and "Contemporary Chinese."|
2. Applicants have to complete at least 180 hours of Chinese language courses in college or language institutes before enrollment.
- Admitted students are allowed to defer admission until the next academic year.
|Introduction||○ Our B.A. program cultivates international human resources with advanced Chinese language and cross-cultural communication abilities, making them experts in Taiwanese and Chinese cultures.|
○ Our students come from more than 40 countries around the world, fostering a multicultural learning environment.
○ Four-year program aimed at cultivating proficient use of the Chinese language and intercultural communication ability.
○ A rich language practical application and content based courses to train students' professional language abilities and skills for the future workplace.
|Features of Curriculum||○ What is taught: Knowledge and skills pertaining to the Chinese language, cultures and arts, language teaching pedagogy, humanities and society, and trade and business, etc.|
○ First- and second-year courses: training in the skills of listening, speaking, reading, and writing, knowledge of the Chinese linguistics, the culture of ethnic Chinese, and traditional Chinese arts, etc.
○ Third- and fourth-year courses: literature, history, philosophy, business Chinese, Chinese teaching pedagogy, tour-guiding at the National Palace Museum, and Chinese for the tourism industry, etc.
|Career Prospects||○ Chinese language teacher in one’s home country|
○ Specialization in Chinese translation and interpretation
○ Specialization in implementation and planning of Chinese-foreign or commercial exchange
○ Bilingual tour guide in the tourism industry
○ Bilingual news interview translation and editing
○ Further studies in the academic fields of Teaching Chinese as a Second/Foreign language, sinology, and business management, etc.
|Contact Information||Ms Shu-Hua Lin / 886-2-7749-5187 / email@example.com|