|Department of Music||Degree||Doctorate|
|Enrollment Semesters||2020 Fall|
- Music Education
|Language of Instruction||Program taught in Chinese|
- Document Review
- Weighted Score:
Document Review: 100%
- Chinese Language Proficiency (Provide one of the following Chinese certificates):
Test of Chinese as Foreign Language, TOCFL Level - 3
or any other Chinese Proficiency Certificate with a score equivalent to above items
Application without the required Chinese language proficiency certificate or scores above will not be accepted.
Not required for applicants whose native language is Chinese (self-statement needed).
Not required for applicants whose previous degree is taught in Chinese (proof required).
English Language Proficiency: Not Required
- Signed application form
※Please print out, sign the application forms, scan and upload it to the system.
- Two-inch passport photo
- Receipt or proof of application fee or a U.S. dollar wire transfer
- Passport/Identification and R.O.C. Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) for those holding one
※If the applicant is of foreign nationality as specified in Article 2 under the MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan and possesses (or has possessed) nationality status from the Republic of China (R.O.C.), additional proof is required, such as entry and departure records for the past 6 years, a declaration form stating that they do not hold a R.O.C. household registration, Certificate of Nationality Renouncement of Republic of China or other proof of documents.
- An official financial statement
※a minimum of NTD 100,000 (or USD 3,000) is required. Please select one of the following ways of submission:
(1)An official financial statement issued within the past three months from a financial institution.
(2)If the financial statement provided is not under the name of the applicant, please submit (a) the sponsor’s financial statement (b) a financial guarantee from the sponsor
(3)The proof showing the applicant have been awarded full scholarship.
- Diploma of the highest academic degree
- One translated copy of the applicant’s highest diploma in English or Chinese
- One translated copy of the applicant’s complete transcripts (for ALL years of study) in English or Chinese
※Eligible applicants who graduate at the same year as the admission to National Taiwan Normal University must submit transcripts for each academic semester and the ‘Deposition of Admission Documents for National Taiwan Normal University International Applicants’, and are not required to submit the diploma during application. The diploma and transcripts for each academic semester must be submitted upon registration (Diplomas or degree certificates from China are required to have the documents notarized by relevant authorities.); otherwise, the applicants admitted to NTNU will have their admission revoked.
※Applicants applying with diplomas or degree certificates from China are required to have the documents notarized by relevant authorities. If authentication cannot be completed by the application deadline, please submit degree certificate, complete transcript and a signed Deposition of Admission Documents.
※Admitted students must submit the original ones for review to the Office of International Affairs on the day of enrollment.
※NTNU holds the right to request applicants to have their degree certificate or diploma authenticated by the ROC diplomatic missions should NTNU find any problem in the applicants’ documents.
- Language proficiency certificate: Please refer to the "Language proficiency".
- Master’s thesis: For Musicology or Music Education Majors
- Audio-visual file: Applicant is required to submit an audio-visual file which includes previous performances (within three years) for at least 60 minuets. The repertoire included must be performed from memory.
1. For Piano Major, the repertoire included should not be partially presented and should be selected from at least three different periods.
2. For Voice Major, the repertoire must be selected from at least three different periods and four different languages which must include Chinese or other Taiwanese dialects.
3. For String Major, the repertoire must include : 1) a complete concerto, 2) an unaccompanied Bach sonata or suite, 3) a piece which must differ from the two above in terms of genre and form.
4. For Orchestral Conducting Major, the repertoire must include an overture, a concerto and a symphony in 3 different periods. The concert program brochure is also required. The video should show the front (face and arms) view of the conductor.
＊Please upload the audio-visual file to YouTube or any cloud storage (such as Dropbox) and provide the web link.
- Portfolio: For Composition Major, five pieces composed within three years with different instrumentation (at least one orchestral piece) are required for submission. The pieces must be submitted with their statements of the concept and/or theory, and their recordings of performance are also required.
＊Please upload the audio or video file to YouTube or any internet storage space (such as Dropbox) and provide the web link.
- Research proposal: Please note your Majors.
- Language proficiency certificate (Piano Major): For applicant’s major in Piano, the language proficiency certificate (TOEFL scores above 80 or the General English Proficiency Test above the High-Intermediate level) is required.
|Notes||1. Students will not be allowed to switch majors after being admitted.|
2. Applicants with a score below 80 will not be admitted.
- Admitted students are not allowed to defer admission until the next academic year.
|Features of Curriculum||http://www.music.ntnu.edu.tw/pages1/super_pages.php?ID=pages11|
|Contact Information||Ms Yu-Chen Hsu / 886-2-7749-3013 / email@example.com|