|Department of Music||Degree||Bachelor|
|Enrollment Semesters||2020 Fall|
|Language of Instruction||Program taught in Chinese|
- Document Review
- Weighted Score:
Document Review: 100%
- Chinese Language Proficiency (Provide one of the following Chinese certificates):
Test of Chinese as Foreign Language, TOCFL Level - 3
or any other Chinese Proficiency Certificate with a score equivalent to above items
English Language Proficiency: Not Required
- Signed application form
※Please print out, sign the application forms, scan and upload it to the system.
- Two-inch passport photo
- Receipt or proof of application fee or a U.S. dollar wire transfer
- Passport/Identification and R.O.C. Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) for those holding one
※If the applicant is of foreign nationality as specified in Article 2 under the MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan and possesses (or has possessed) nationality status from the Republic of China (R.O.C.), additional proof is required, such as entry and departure records for the past 6 years, a declaration form stating that they do not hold a R.O.C. household registration, Certificate of Nationality Renouncement of Republic of China or other proof of documents.
- An official financial statement
※a minimum of NTD 100,000 (or USD 3,000) is required. Please select one of the following ways of submission:
(1)An official financial statement issued within the past three months from a financial institution.
(2)If the financial statement provided is not under the name of the applicant, please submit (a) the sponsor’s financial statement (b) a financial guarantee from the sponsor
(3)The proof showing the applicant have been awarded full scholarship.
- Diploma of the highest academic degree
- One translated copy of the applicant’s highest diploma in English or Chinese
- One translated copy of the applicant’s complete transcripts (for ALL years of study) in English or Chinese
※Eligible applicants who graduate at the same year as the admission to National Taiwan Normal University must submit transcripts for each academic semester and the ‘Deposition of Admission Documents for National Taiwan Normal University International Applicants’, and are not required to submit the diploma during application. The diploma and transcripts for each academic semester must be submitted upon registration (Diplomas or degree certificates from China are required to have the documents notarized by relevant authorities.); otherwise, the applicants admitted to NTNU will have their admission revoked.
※Applicants applying with diplomas or degree certificates from China are required to have the documents notarized by relevant authorities. If authentication cannot be completed by the application deadline, please submit degree certificate, complete transcript and a signed Deposition of Admission Documents.
※Admitted students must submit the original ones for review to the Office of International Affairs on the day of enrollment.
※NTNU holds the right to request applicants to have their degree certificate or diploma authenticated by the ROC diplomatic missions should NTNU find any problem in the applicants’ documents.
- Language proficiency certificate: Please refer to the "Language proficiency".
- Autobiography: Please state your personal experience in learning music and your future learning objectives in details.
- Audio-visual file: For applicant’s major in Vocal, String, Wind, Percussion, Piano or Traditional Chinese Instrument, an audio-visual file of applicant’s performance for 15-20 minutes in length is required for submission. Please upload the file to YouTube or any cloud storage (such as Dropbox) and provide the web link.
- Portfolio: For applicant’s major in Composition, three compositions with different instrumentation, ideally including an audio or video file, are required for submission. Please upload the file to YouTube or any cloud storage (such as Dropbox) and provide the web link.
|Notes||1. If cheating or plagiarism is found in the applicant’s portfolio, the applicant’s candidacy or admission status will be immediately revoked.|
2. The department may require the admitted students to take relevant Chinese courses as prerequisites in addition to the basic requirement if the department sees fit according to the students’ competence in Chinese.
- Admitted students are not allowed to defer admission until the next academic year.
|Features of Curriculum||http://www.music.ntnu.edu.tw/pages1/super_pages.php?ID=pages11|
|Contact Information||Ms Yu-Chen Hsu / 886-2-7749-3013 / email@example.com|