|Department of Fine Arts||Degree||Doctorate|
|Enrollment Semesters||2020 Fall|
- Creation and Theory - Chinese Ink-and-Bruch Painting
- Creation and Theory - Painting
- Creation and Theory-Conservation of Culture Relics
- Art Education and Art Administration and Art Management
- Aesthetics, Media Art and Art History
|Language of Instruction||Program taught in Chinese|
- Document Review
- Interview: In-person interview will be arranged., Interview (Interview, study plan, professional experience, Master’s thesis,
portfolio, and original fine arts works)
- Weighted Score:
Document Review: 40%
- Priority Enrollment Order for Examinees with the Same Score:
First Priority: Interview.
Second Priority: Document Review.
- Chinese Language Proficiency: Not Required
- English Language Proficiency: Not Required
- Signed application form
※Please print out, sign the application forms, scan and upload it to the system.
- Two-inch passport photo
- Receipt or proof of application fee or a U.S. dollar wire transfer
- Passport/Identification and R.O.C. Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) for those holding one
※If the applicant is of foreign nationality as specified in Article 2 under the MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan and possesses (or has possessed) nationality status from the Republic of China (R.O.C.), additional proof is required, such as entry and departure records for the past 6 years, a declaration form stating that they do not hold a R.O.C. household registration, Certificate of Nationality Renouncement of Republic of China or other proof of documents.
- An official financial statement
※a minimum of NTD 100,000 (or USD 3,000) is required. Please select one of the following ways of submission:
(1)An official financial statement issued within the past three months from a financial institution.
(2)If the financial statement provided is not under the name of the applicant, please submit (a) the sponsor’s financial statement (b) a financial guarantee from the sponsor
(3)The proof showing the applicant have been awarded full scholarship.
- Diploma of the highest academic degree
- One translated copy of the applicant’s highest diploma in English or Chinese
- One translated copy of the applicant’s complete transcripts (for ALL years of study) in English or Chinese
※Eligible applicants who graduate at the same year as the admission to National Taiwan Normal University must submit transcripts for each academic semester and the ‘Deposition of Admission Documents for National Taiwan Normal University International Applicants’, and are not required to submit the diploma during application. The diploma and transcripts for each academic semester must be submitted upon registration (Diplomas or degree certificates from China are required to have the documents notarized by relevant authorities.); otherwise, the applicants admitted to NTNU will have their admission revoked.
※Applicants applying with diplomas or degree certificates from China are required to have the documents notarized by relevant authorities. If authentication cannot be completed by the application deadline, please submit degree certificate, complete transcript and a signed Deposition of Admission Documents.
※Admitted students must submit the original ones for review to the Office of International Affairs on the day of enrollment.
※NTNU holds the right to request applicants to have their degree certificate or diploma authenticated by the ROC diplomatic missions should NTNU find any problem in the applicants’ documents.
- Language proficiency certificate: Please refer to the "Language proficiency".
- Curriculum vitae
- Study plan
- Master’s thesis
- Research proposal
- Any document that might be supportive
|Notes||1. Applicants with color recognition/visual disabilities are advised to think twice before applying to the creation tracks|
2. Admitted students shall take the Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language (Level 4) before graduation.
|Examination Date and Location|
- The location and date for Interview of the 2020 Fall Semester will be announced on the website of the department from Wednesday, March 18, 2020 to Friday, April 10, 2020
- The location and date for Interview of the 2021 Fall Semester will be announced on the website of the department from Wednesday, November 18, 2020 to Wednesday, December 2, 2020
- Admitted students are allowed to defer admission until the next academic year.
|Introduction||The Cradle of Fine Arts in Taiwan|
The Department of Fine Arts, National Taiwan Normal University (NTNU), was founded in August 1947.Many famous artists had been associated with the Department, including Liao Chi-chun, Chen Huei-kun, Pu Hsin-yu, Huang Jun-bi, Chang Yi-shiung, Chu Teh-chun, Li Shih-chiao, Chin Chin-po, Sun Chia-chin, Lin Yu-shan, Sun To-tzu, etc. The Department has a pioneering role in early Taiwan art education and continues to nurture the talents of contemporary arts.
Since its inception, the Department has dedicated to train art professionals, promoting local aesthetic education and furthering the careers of Taiwanese
art and artists on the international scene.
The Department continues to develop a balanced and comprehensive programme, bridging traditional cultures and current international trends with an all-inclusive approach to the arts. The Department aims to lead art professional to be better equipped by combining a solid foundation of academic tradition with an innovative vision.
In response to economic growth and the changing demands of society, the Department has complete a system of undergraduate, M.A., M.F.A., and Ph. D. programmes. Teaching from the foundation of field practice to theoretical construction of interdisciplinary research and specialization is aim of design of our curriculum.
|Features of Curriculum||I、Art Creation and Theory (Studio-led Research)|
1. Ink Painting:
Modern Ink Painting, Traditional Theory of Painting and Calligraphy, Seminars on Ink Painting
Seminars of Painting, Image and Painting, Seminars of Oil Painting
3. New Media and Technology Arts
Image Theory, Aesthetics of Interface, Art and the Cloud, Media and Interactive Art
4. Art Restoration and Conservation Technology
Theory and Regulations of Art Restoration, Optical Inspection of Art and Artifacts, Materials and Technical Analysis of Art Conservation, Art Pathology
II、Art Education and Art Administration:
Issues of Contemporary Art Education, Curriculum Development and Evaluation, National Art Education and Culture Policy, Visual, Gifted Students Art Education, Philosophy of Art Education
III、Art Administration and Management:
Museum and Cultural Industries, Leisure and Consumer Culture, Art Curating and Marketing, Marketing of Museum, Museum Accreditation, Cultural Policy
IV、Art History and Theory:
History of Western Landscape Painting, Seminars of Oriental Art History, Painting History of the Song-Yuan-Ming-Qing Dynasties, Material Culture and Aesthetics of Modern Taiwan, Philosophy of Art, Art Criticism
|Career Prospects||I、Art Educators|
III、Art Researchers/ Some graduates of ours have been prominent art historians, art critics or college teachers.
IV、Professional Artists/ Some have been studio operators to proceed with art creation.
V、Designers, Gallery Coordinators/ Some have been engaged in media and design industries to be equipped with knowledge and skills of art management.
|Contact Information||Ms Fei-Li Tseng / 886-2-7749-3021 / email@example.com|