|Department of Fine Arts||Degree||Master’s|
|Enrollment Semesters||2020 Fall|
- Art Education and Art Administration
- Ink Painting
- Aesthetics, Media Art and Art History
|Language of Instruction||Program taught in Chinese|
- Document Review
- Written Exam: Art Education and Art Administration Track: Written Exam: Art Education(including Art Theory), Art Administration and Management
Aesthetics, Media Art and Art History Track: Written Exam: Aesthetics,Media Art and Art History
- Technical Test: Chinese Ink-and-Brush Painting Track: Technical Test: Chinese Ink Painting
Painting Track: Technical Test: Oil Painting
- Weighted Score:
Document Review: 30%
Written Exam: 70%
Technical Test: 70%
- Priority Enrollment Order for Examinees with the Same Score:
First Priority: Written Exam, Technical Test.
Second Priority: Document Review.
- Chinese Language Proficiency (Provide one of the following Chinese certificates):
Test of Chinese as Foreign Language, TOCFL Level - 2
or any other Chinese Proficiency Certificate with a score equivalent to above items
Not required for applicants whose native language is Chinese (self-statement needed).
Not required for applicants whose previous degree is taught in Chinese (proof required).
English Language Proficiency: Not Required
- Signed application form
※Please print out, sign the application forms, scan and upload it to the system.
- Two-inch passport photo
- Receipt or proof of application fee or a U.S. dollar wire transfer
- Passport/Identification and R.O.C. Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) for those holding one
※If the applicant is of foreign nationality as specified in Article 2 under the MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan and possesses (or has possessed) nationality status from the Republic of China (R.O.C.), additional proof is required, such as entry and departure records for the past 6 years, a declaration form stating that they do not hold a R.O.C. household registration, Certificate of Nationality Renouncement of Republic of China or other proof of documents.
- An official financial statement
※a minimum of NTD 100,000 (or USD 3,000) is required. Please select one of the following ways of submission:
(1)An official financial statement issued within the past three months from a financial institution.
(2)If the financial statement provided is not under the name of the applicant, please submit (a) the sponsor’s financial statement (b) a financial guarantee from the sponsor
(3)The proof showing the applicant have been awarded full scholarship.
- Diploma of the highest academic degree
- One translated copy of the applicant’s highest diploma in English or Chinese
- One translated copy of the applicant’s complete transcripts (for ALL years of study) in English or Chinese
※Eligible applicants who graduate at the same year as the admission to National Taiwan Normal University must submit transcripts for each academic semester and the ‘Deposition of Admission Documents for National Taiwan Normal University International Applicants’, and are not required to submit the diploma during application. The diploma and transcripts for each academic semester must be submitted upon registration (Diplomas or degree certificates from China are required to have the documents notarized by relevant authorities.); otherwise, the applicants admitted to NTNU will have their admission revoked.
※Applicants applying with diplomas or degree certificates from China are required to have the documents notarized by relevant authorities. If authentication cannot be completed by the application deadline, please submit degree certificate, complete transcript and a signed Deposition of Admission Documents.
※Admitted students must submit the original ones for review to the Office of International Affairs on the day of enrollment.
※NTNU holds the right to request applicants to have their degree certificate or diploma authenticated by the ROC diplomatic missions should NTNU find any problem in the applicants’ documents.
- Curriculum vitae
- Research proposal
- Any document that might be supportive: e.g. proof community service
|Notes||1. Applicants for Chinese Ink Painting and Painting tracks should pay an additional technical test|
fee of NT$2,000 (US$80).
2. Applicants with color recognition/visual disabilities are advised to think twice before applying.
3. Test takers should bring the necessary tools for the technical test.
4. Theory tracks: "Art Education and Art Administration" and "Aesthetics, Media Art and Art Theory;" Creativity tracks: "Chinese Ink and Brush Painting" and "Painting."
5. Admitted students shall take the Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language (TOCFL) and pass the Level 3 before Graduation.
|Examination Date and Location|
- The location and date for Written Exam of the 2020 Fall Semester will be announced on the website of the department from Wednesday, March 18, 2020 to Friday, April 10, 2020
- The location and date for Technical Test of the 2020 Fall Semester will be announced on the website of the department from Wednesday, March 18, 2020 to Friday, April 10, 2020
- The location and date for Written Exam of the 2021 Fall Semester will be announced on the website of the department from Wednesday, November 18, 2020 to Wednesday, December 2, 2020
- The location and date for Technical Test of the 2021 Fall Semester will be announced on the website of the department from Wednesday, November 18, 2020 to Wednesday, December 2, 2020
- Admitted students are allowed to defer admission until the next academic year.
|Introduction||The Cradle of Fine Arts in Taiwan|
The Department of Fine Arts, National Taiwan Normal University (NTNU), was founded in August 1947.Many famous artists had been associated with the Department, including Liao Chi-chun, Chen Huei-kun, Pu Hsin-yu, Huang Jun-bi, Chang Yi-shiung, Chu Teh-chun, Li Shih-chiao, Chin Chin-po, Sun Chia-chin, Lin Yu-shan, Sun To-tzu, etc. The Department has a pioneering role in early Taiwan art education and continues to nurture the talents of contemporary arts.
Since its inception, the Department has dedicated to train art professionals, promoting local aesthetic education and furthering the careers of Taiwanese
art and artists on the international scene.
The Department continues to develop a balanced and comprehensive programme, bridging traditional cultures and current international trends with an all-inclusive approach to the arts. The Department aims to lead art professional to be better equipped by combining a solid foundation of academic tradition with an innovative vision.
In response to economic growth and the changing demands of society, the Department has complete a system of undergraduate, M.A., M.F.A., and Ph. D. programmes. Teaching from the foundation of field practice to theoretical construction of interdisciplinary research and specialization is aim of design of our curriculum.
|Features of Curriculum||1.Chinese Painting:|
Calligraphy, Contemporary Ink Painting, Theory of Chinese Painting and Calligraphy
2.Western Painting :
Oil Painting, Mixed Media, Theory of Art Creation
3.Art Education and Art Administration:
Gifted Students Education, Curriculum Evaluation, Visual Culture, Gender Studies and Art Education, Art Therapy; Art Administration, Museum Education, Art Curatorial studies and Marketing, Art Management
4.Art History and Theory:
History of Chinese Painting and Calligraphy, Theory of Chinese Painting, Far-East Asian Art History, Western Art History, Aesthetics and Theories of Modern Art, Art Criticism, Western Art Theory, Philosophy of Art
|Career Prospects||I、Art Educators|
III、Art Researchers/ Some graduates of ours have been prominent art historians, art critics or college teachers.
IV、Professional Artists/ Some have been studio operators to proceed with art creation.
V、Designers, Gallery Coordinators/ Some have been engaged in media and design industries to be equipped with knowledge and skills of art management.
|Contact Information||Ms Fei-Li Tseng / 886-2-7749-3021 / email@example.com|