|Department of Education||Degree||Doctorate|
|Enrollment Semesters||2020 Fall|
- Educational Philosophy and History
- Educational Sociology
- Educational Policy and Administration
- Educational Studies
|Language of Instruction|
- Division of Educational Philosophy and History: Program taught in Chinese
- Division of Educational Sociology: Program taught in Chinese
- Division of Educational Policy and Administration: Program taught in Chinese
- Division of Educational Studies: Program taught in English
- Document Review
- Weighted Score:
Document Review: 100%
- Chinese Language Proficiency (Provide one of the following Chinese certificates):
Test of Chinese as Foreign Language, TOCFL Level - 3
or any other Chinese Proficiency Certificate with a score equivalent to above items
Not required for applicants who apply for Division of Educational Studies.
Not required for applicants whose native language is Chinese (self-statement needed).
Not required for applicants whose previous degree is taught in Chinese (proof required).
English Language Proficiency (Provide one of the following English score reports):
TOEFL iBT - 65
IELTS - 6
TOEIC - 680
or any other English Proficiency Certificate with a score equivalent to above items
Not required for applicants from English-speaking countries (proof required).
Not required for applicants whose previous degree is from English-speaking countries (proof required).
- Signed application form
※Please print out, sign the application forms, scan and upload it to the system.
- Two-inch passport photo
- Receipt or proof of application fee or a U.S. dollar wire transfer
- Passport/Identification and R.O.C. Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) for those holding one
※If the applicant is of foreign nationality as specified in Article 2 under the MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan and possesses (or has possessed) nationality status from the Republic of China (R.O.C.), additional proof is required, such as entry and departure records for the past 6 years, a declaration form stating that they do not hold a R.O.C. household registration, Certificate of Nationality Renouncement of Republic of China or other proof of documents.
- An official financial statement
※a minimum of NTD 100,000 (or USD 3,000) is required. Please select one of the following ways of submission:
(1)An official financial statement issued within the past three months from a financial institution.
(2)If the financial statement provided is not under the name of the applicant, please submit (a) the sponsor’s financial statement (b) a financial guarantee from the sponsor
(3)The proof showing the applicant have been awarded full scholarship.
- Diploma of the highest academic degree
- One translated copy of the applicant’s highest diploma in English or Chinese
- One translated copy of the applicant’s complete transcripts (for ALL years of study) in English or Chinese
※Eligible applicants who graduate at the same year as the admission to National Taiwan Normal University must submit transcripts for each academic semester and the ‘Deposition of Admission Documents for National Taiwan Normal University International Applicants’, and are not required to submit the diploma during application. The diploma and transcripts for each academic semester must be submitted upon registration (Diplomas or degree certificates from China are required to have the documents notarized by relevant authorities.); otherwise, the applicants admitted to NTNU will have their admission revoked.
※Applicants applying with diplomas or degree certificates from China are required to have the documents notarized by relevant authorities. If authentication cannot be completed by the application deadline, please submit degree certificate, complete transcript and a signed Deposition of Admission Documents.
※Admitted students must submit the original ones for review to the Office of International Affairs on the day of enrollment.
※NTNU holds the right to request applicants to have their degree certificate or diploma authenticated by the ROC diplomatic missions should NTNU find any problem in the applicants’ documents.
- Language proficiency certificate: Please refer to the "Language proficiency".
- One recommendation letter(s): Recommendation letters
- Curriculum vitae: Curriculum Vitae in Chinese or English (including a brief self-introduction, learning performance and special experience in the field you are applying for)
- Master’s thesis: Master’s thesis or equivalent academic publications (If written in languages other than Chinese or English, English abstract, 1,000 words, should be submitted along with the thesis.)
- Academic publications: Other publications
- Research proposal: Statement of purpose in either Chinese or English which includes the applicant’s previous academic background, special achievements, future research objective, area of research, and course selection and career plans (Limited to 3,000 words)
- Graduates from colleges in non-English speaking countries are required to provide proof of English proficiency (e.g. TOEFL or results obtained in a language center)
|Notes||Students who choose different language of instruction should follow their degree requirements|
- Admitted students are allowed to defer admission until the next academic year.
|Features of Curriculum||http://www.ed.ntnu.edu.tw/en/course/course3|
|Contact Information||Ms Shu-Fen Chi / 886-2-7749-3877 / email@example.com|