|Graduate Institute of Library and Information Studies||Degree||Master’s|
|Enrollment Semesters||2020 Fall|
|Language of Instruction||Program taught in English (* Program with enough English courses to meet graduation requirements)|
- Document Review
- Interview: In-person / Telephone / Video-conferencing interview will be arranged.
- Weighted Score:
Document Review: 40%
- Priority Enrollment Order for Examinees with the Same Score:
First Priority: Interview.
Second Priority: Document Review.
- Chinese Language Proficiency (Provide one of the following Chinese certificates):
Test of Chinese as Foreign Language, TOCFL Level - 3
or any other Chinese Proficiency Certificate with a score equivalent to above items
Chinese Language Proficiency is recommended, but not necessary.
English Language Proficiency (Provide one of the following English score reports):
TOEFL iBT - 47
IELTS - 4
TOEIC - 550
- Signed application form
※Please print out, sign the application forms, scan and upload it to the system.
- Two-inch passport photo
- Receipt or proof of application fee or a U.S. dollar wire transfer
- Passport/Identification and R.O.C. Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) for those holding one
※If the applicant is of foreign nationality as specified in Article 2 under the MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan and possesses (or has possessed) nationality status from the Republic of China (R.O.C.), additional proof is required, such as entry and departure records for the past 6 years, a declaration form stating that they do not hold a R.O.C. household registration, Certificate of Nationality Renouncement of Republic of China or other proof of documents.
- An official financial statement
※a minimum of NTD 100,000 (or USD 3,000) is required. Please select one of the following ways of submission:
(1)An official financial statement issued within the past three months from a financial institution.
(2)If the financial statement provided is not under the name of the applicant, please submit (a) the sponsor’s financial statement (b) a financial guarantee from the sponsor
(3)The proof showing the applicant have been awarded full scholarship.
- Diploma of the highest academic degree
- One translated copy of the applicant’s highest diploma in English or Chinese
- One translated copy of the applicant’s complete transcripts (for ALL years of study) in English or Chinese
※Eligible applicants who graduate at the same year as the admission to National Taiwan Normal University must submit transcripts for each academic semester and the ‘Deposition of Admission Documents for National Taiwan Normal University International Applicants’, and are not required to submit the diploma during application. The diploma and transcripts for each academic semester must be submitted upon registration (Diplomas or degree certificates from China are required to have the documents notarized by relevant authorities.); otherwise, the applicants admitted to NTNU will have their admission revoked.
※Applicants applying with diplomas or degree certificates from China are required to have the documents notarized by relevant authorities. If authentication cannot be completed by the application deadline, please submit degree certificate, complete transcript and a signed Deposition of Admission Documents.
※Admitted students must submit the original ones for review to the Office of International Affairs on the day of enrollment.
※NTNU holds the right to request applicants to have their degree certificate or diploma authenticated by the ROC diplomatic missions should NTNU find any problem in the applicants’ documents.
- Language proficiency certificate: Please refer to the "Language proficiency".
- Two recommendation letter(s)
- Curriculum vitae
- Study plan
- Any document that might be supportive
|Examination Date and Location|
- The location and date for Interview of the 2020 Fall Semester will be announced on the website of the department from Monday, March 23, 2020 to Wednesday, March 25, 2020
- The location and date for Interview of the 2021 Spring Semester will be announced on the website of the department from Monday, May 4, 2020 to Wednesday, May 6, 2020
- The location and date for Interview of the 2021 Fall Semester will be announced on the website of the department from Monday, November 23, 2020 to Wednesday, November 25, 2020
- The location and date for Interview of the 2022 Spring Semester will be announced on the website of the department from Tuesday, May 4, 2021 to Thursday, May 6, 2021
- Admitted students are not allowed to defer admission until the next academic year.
|Introduction||The Graduate Institute of Library and Information Studies (GLIS, http://www.glis.ntnu.edu.tw/en/) was established in 2002, based on the Taiwan’s first education effort in Library and Information (LIS) studies began in 1955, as an undergraduate track within the Department of Adult and Continuing Education at the National Taiwan Normal University (NTNU). In 2016, GLIS at NTNU has become a member of iSchool which is an international consortium of Information Schools dedicated to advancing the information field.|
|Features of Curriculum||The curriculum design of our master’s program emphasizes integration and application of knowledge. In addition to core courses on theories and methods, students are encouraged to take key courses valuing both theories and practices, for developing independent thinking and practical ability. Through the practical training, students are cultivated to become information service professionals who are familiar with both digital media and knowledge management.|
|Contact Information||Ms Yan-Ching Lan / 886-2-7749-5427 / email@example.com|