|Graduate Institute of Global Business and Strategy||Degree||Master’s|
|Enrollment Semesters||2020 Fall|
|Language of Instruction||Program taught in Chinese|
- Document Review
- Interview: In-person / Video-conferencing interview will be arranged.
- Weighted Score:
Document Review: 50%
- Priority Enrollment Order for Examinees with the Same Score:
First Priority: Interview.
Second Priority: Document Review.
- Chinese Language Proficiency: Not Required
- English Language Proficiency (Provide one of the following English score reports):
Students from English-speaking countries are exempt from having to provide proof of their English language abilities
Not required for applicants from English-speaking countries (proof required).
- Signed application form
※Please print out, sign the application forms, scan and upload it to the system.
- Two-inch passport photo
- Receipt or proof of application fee or a U.S. dollar wire transfer
- Passport/Identification and R.O.C. Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) for those holding one
※If the applicant is of foreign nationality as specified in Article 2 under the MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan and possesses (or has possessed) nationality status from the Republic of China (R.O.C.), additional proof is required, such as entry and departure records for the past 6 years, a declaration form stating that they do not hold a R.O.C. household registration, Certificate of Nationality Renouncement of Republic of China or other proof of documents.
- An official financial statement
※a minimum of NTD 100,000 (or USD 3,000) is required. Please select one of the following ways of submission:
(1)An official financial statement issued within the past three months from a financial institution.
(2)If the financial statement provided is not under the name of the applicant, please submit (a) the sponsor’s financial statement (b) a financial guarantee from the sponsor
(3)The proof showing the applicant have been awarded full scholarship.
- Diploma of the highest academic degree
- One translated copy of the applicant’s highest diploma in English or Chinese
- One translated copy of the applicant’s complete transcripts (for ALL years of study) in English or Chinese
※Eligible applicants who graduate at the same year as the admission to National Taiwan Normal University must submit transcripts for each academic semester and the ‘Deposition of Admission Documents for National Taiwan Normal University International Applicants’, and are not required to submit the diploma during application. The diploma and transcripts for each academic semester must be submitted upon registration (Diplomas or degree certificates from China are required to have the documents notarized by relevant authorities.); otherwise, the applicants admitted to NTNU will have their admission revoked.
※Applicants applying with diplomas or degree certificates from China are required to have the documents notarized by relevant authorities. If authentication cannot be completed by the application deadline, please submit degree certificate, complete transcript and a signed Deposition of Admission Documents.
※Admitted students must submit the original ones for review to the Office of International Affairs on the day of enrollment.
※NTNU holds the right to request applicants to have their degree certificate or diploma authenticated by the ROC diplomatic missions should NTNU find any problem in the applicants’ documents.
- Language proficiency certificate: Please refer to the "Language proficiency".
- One recommendation letter(s)
- Curriculum vitae
- Study plan
- Any document that might be supportive
|Notes||1. Before graduation, students are required to reach a minimum TOEIC score of 700.|
2. International students who have written a master’s thesis in Chinese and have passed the thesis defense in Chinese can be exempt from the TOCFL Level 3 requirement.
3. For international students from English/Chinese bilingual countries are required to obtain a minimum TOEIC score of 700 or to pass TOCFL Level 3 before graduation.
|Examination Date and Location|
- Interview of the 2020 Fall Semester will be held on at (Main Campus I). Detailed timeline will be announced on the department website on Friday, March 27, 2020. No other notifications will be sent.
- Interview of the 2021 Spring Semester will be held on at (Main Campus I). Detailed timeline will be announced on the department website on Friday, May 8, 2020. No other notifications will be sent.
- Interview of the 2021 Fall Semester will be held on at (Main Campus I). Detailed timeline will be announced on the department website on Monday, November 23, 2020. No other notifications will be sent.
- Interview of the 2022 Spring Semester will be held on at (Main Campus I). Detailed timeline will be announced on the department website on Monday, May 10, 2021. No other notifications will be sent.
- Admitted students are allowed to defer admission until the next academic year.
|Introduction||NTNU’s Graduate Institute of Global Business and Strategy (GBS) is the first institute to provide "strategic management" and "global business" that gives first priority to training business professionals in Graduate school. GBS which was formerly known as "Graduate Institute of International Affairs and Global Strategy," was establish on August 1, 2008, a time when National Taiwan Normal University (NTNU) transformed into a comprehensive university and established the College of Management. In response to the changes and certain policies, our department was officially renamed to "Graduate Institute of Global Business and Strategy." In 2014 NTNU’s College of Management took another step forward by restructuring itself into a professional school. The framework of the College of Management allows GBS to access to a large resource of faculty members while still providing “an international style of teaching, curriculum diversification, professional and competent teachers, and innovative industry and university cooperation". We would like to help students possess strategic thinking and the ability to develop certain tools for the future so that students will be able to compete internationally. In the ever changing industrial environment, GBS uses many different course modules to adjust to the curriculum needs. By using student-centered teaching philosophy through business management case studies, we plan our modules which allow us to have deep interactive learning and desired outcomes. Many of our alumni have been recruited as managers to be involved in Taiwan's financial services and high-tech industries which have transformed them into elite professionals|
|Features of Curriculum||The curriculum design of the Institute is based on methodology and the context of the environment. The four professional modules are “Technology Management and Decision Making”, “Business Environment Analysis”, “Global Business”, and “Strategy and Management” |
The curriculum design is based on case studies, research methods,multivariate analysis, and data mining, and deepens the understanding of the global economy and industrial environment. Finally, students can apply their basic knowledge on taking global business courses, such as Managerial Decision, Strategic Planning, and International Business Management.
|Career Prospects||After two years of study, our graduates can play their part in the workplace. At present, many of our graduates are employed by well-known domestic and foreign companies and financial holding companies, including TSMC, SYSTEX, CyberLink Corp., Agricultural Bank of China Limited, Fubon Financial Holdings Co., Cathay financial holdings, Shin Kong Financial Holding Co., etc. There are also some outstanding graduates who choose to pursue their Ph.D. studies at the National Chengchi University and NTNU.|
|Contact Information||Ms Yi-Jung Chen / 886-2-7749-3289 / firstname.lastname@example.org|